My sweet little niece Gia loves sweets, mangoes & popsicles. I wanted to make something healthy yet yummy for her .Every visit to the grocery store or cusps we would make sure we pick up a can of her favourite mango juice & what better than her favourite juice to make her favourite Popsicle.
It’s a simple yet unique recipe.
You would need the following make the sweet & spicy Popsicle
4cups mango juice (try & get the pulpier juices not the watery ones)
1/2tsp roasted jeera powder
1/2tsp red chili powder
1/2 cup coconut Gel cubes OR Fresh tender coconut pieces OR Canned lychees or cherries OR Fresh mango/ peaches /pineapple pieces
Salt to taste
(I bought the coconut jelly cubes from a Chinese supermarket in Minneapolis & it’s my favourite & taste very good too, but since we don’t get it easily in India you can either purchase it online or replace it with the other options I have mentioned .I can assure you that the popsicle would still taste as yummy a the original recipe )
1. It’s simple just mix all the ingredients together & fill into the Popsicle mould & set in the freezer for 4-5 hours & the popsicles are ready.
2. If the popsicles refuse to come out of the moulds just dip them for 1-2 minutes in warm water & they will just slip out smoothly.
• Please note mommies of cute little kids that some kids may be sensitive to spices & May not like the chilly part of the candy kindly skip it.
• Let me tell you that its addictive not only kids but even grown up get hooked to these popsicles.
• Happy cooking hope you enjoy your chilled dose of good health just like my Gia & my family enjoyed it.