It’s a beautiful, soft, melt in the mouth halwa / pudding whatever you choose to call it as this recipe is a fragment of a chef’s imagination.
No one can resist these delicate beauties be it a kid or an adult best part is it does not leave you feeling heavy or guilty (of course you might wanna choose to ignore the sugar part of this dessert to feel less guilty.
So here’s what you need to get going:-
1cup Custard powder (I used Brown & Polson or any brand available at your supermarkets)
(you can also use same quantity of corn flour)
4 cups water
2+1/2 cup sugar (add more if you need sweeter)
4-5 tsps. Butter
1tsp essence of choice (I use either vanilla or pineapple)
1/2 tsp edible food colour of choice
1. Mix sugar, custard powder .water & mix well making sure no lumps of custard powder remains in the liquid.
2. Cook on medium high heat stirring it continuously to make sure we have no lumps forming in there.
3. Once it starts boiling reduce heat & keep stirring.
4. Add butter & stir well till its dissolved .Keep stirring for 10-12 minutes on low flame.
5. Add the colour & essence.
6. Now immediately spread the mixture on a greased plate or a square cake tin, garnish with sliced pistachios & almonds & allow to cool a bit.
7. Cute cubes & let of cool in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
8. Serve chilled especially after a super spicy meal just soothes your system in no time.