4-5 cups water 1 inch ginger 3 stalks lemongrass (bruised) 4 kaffir lime leaves 1bay leaf 4 cloves 2tbsp coriander leaves 1chicken or veg Maggie cube (Boil all the above ingredients together & strain this is the base stock for soup) 1 chicken breast (minced/kheema) 2tbsp lime juice (add less if you don’t like sour soup) 1tsp white pepper powder 1 heaped tbsp garlic (finely chopped) 1small onion (finely chopped) 2tbsp carrot (finely chopped) 5 mushrooms (sliced) 1tsp chili flakes (add more or less as per taste) 1tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped) Salt to taste
1. Boil all the stock ingredients together & strain the base stock for the soup.
2. Heat Olive oil & sauté garlic till golden .Then add the onions sauté well. Then add mushrooms & carrots & cook 2-3 mins.
3. Add stock & chili flakes & pepper powder to the sautéed vegetables & bring to a rolling boil.
4. Add salt to the chicken mince & make small tiny balls like playing marbles& add to the boiling hot soup.
5. Cook for 5 mins till the chicken balls are cooked &the flavours of stock are well infused in the chicken balls.
6. Mix 1&1/2tbsp corn flour to 1/8 cup water & add to the soup & boil till soup thickens a bit.
7. Finally add the lime juice & garnish soup with some coriander leaves & serve hot.
8. This soup is light on palate, aromatic & nutritious .Great for dieting or to serve in parties .Awesome for chilly winters as well as summers as its super light.
9. If you have some soup remaining then simply boil some soaked rice in it & you will be amazed at how flavourful a bowl of rice can be .Its super addictive. Enjoyyyyy.